1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon cold water
1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 large pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 400'F.
2. Sift flour, salt and spices into a bowl.
3. Cut in butter finely until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add grated cheese and mix well. Mix egg with cold water. Add 2 tablespoons of egg mixture to cheese mixture and mix to form a fairly stiff dough.
4. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface. Roll out dough to a 12x6" rectangle. Trim edges. Cut in half lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
5. Brush each half with remaining egg mixture.
6. Sprinkle 1 half with sesame seeds and the other half with poppy seeds.
7. Cut each half in 10 triangles and separate slightly to prevent sticking.
8. Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes or until light golden and cooked through.
9. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.