1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup margarine
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oats, uncooked
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
4 tablespoons shortening
1/3 cups nuts chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat together brown sugar, peanut butter and margarine until light and fluffy.
3. Blend in water, egg and vanilla.
4. Add combined dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Shape dough into 1/4 inch thick balls.
6. Place on ungreased cookiesheet; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped into sugar.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden.
8. Remove to wire rack and cool completly.
9. In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and the shortening; stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
10. Top each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate and sprinkle with the nuts.
11. Chill until set, store in airtight container.