1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1 cup mayonnaise
8 cups chopped tart apples
2 cups green grapes
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside.
2. Place juice in saucepan; add butter, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
3. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Return to a boil; cook and stir for aprox. 2 minutes.
4. Chill. Stir in mayonnaise.
5. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, grapes, poppy seeds and cooked dressing.
6. Fold in the pecans just before serving.
A refreshing recipe to take the place of ordinary, green salad.