You can add all kinds of fruit, toppings, and icings to the Angel Food Cake.
1 cup sifted cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 egg whites
1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
1. Combine flour with 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sift 4 times.
2. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
3. Add remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time; beat well after each addition.
4. Sift 1/4 cup flour mixture over egg whites; fold in carefully.
5. Fold in remaining flour mixture by fourths. Turn into 10-inch tube pan.
6. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
7. Invert pan on funnel; cool completely. Remove from pan.