40 vanilla wafers
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cottage cheese, creamed
1/4 cup cherry brandy
3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
1 tablespoon cherry brandy
1 tablespoon white sugar
1. Finely crush vanilla wafers--should have about 1 1/2 cups.
2. In a medium mixing bowl stir together vanilla wafers and butter.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inches up the sides of an 8 inch springform pan. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
5. Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir into cream cheese mixture.
6. Stir in the 1/4 cup cherry brandy.
7. Beat in eggs on low speed just till combined but DO NOT OVERBEAT.
8. Pour half of the cheese mixture into the crust-lined pan. Spread 1 cup of the fruit on top. Top with remaining cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the fruit.
9. Place in a shallow baking pan in a 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven. Bake, uncovered, for 40 - 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
10. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides. Cool completely on wire rack.
11. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
1. In a medium bowl combine remaining 2 cups fruit, 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, and 1 tablespoon sugar.
2. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
3. To serve, cut cheesecake into wedges. Top each serving with fruit topping.