1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, sliced(original recipe calls for 3)
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 1-pound can tomatoes
1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Brown ground beef in skillet and drain fat.
2. Add onion and green pepper.
3. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
4. Stir in tomatoes, rice, chili powder, salt, and pepper; heat thoroughly.
5. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.