1 14 oz bag kraft caramels
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 pkg german chocolate cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup butter, softened
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk together in microwave.
2. Combine cake mix, 1/3 cup milk, and butter. Add nuts.
3. Press half into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Do not overbake.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Pour caramel over chips. Crumble remaining cake mixture over that. Bake 15-18 minutes more.
5. Cool before cutting and serving.