7 small catfish or 5 whoppers
1 cluster of salt dat fits in the bottom of yor hand
2 cups ah self risin flour
some pepper cordin ta how much you like pepper
corn oil or veggie oil
splash of moonshine
1. Gt' yor gear, yor dog and yor milk goat and head down to da rivers edge. Ty da goat up and let'er eat a nice clean spot ta do yor cookin at while ya fish.
2. Once ya catch a whopper....... whollip him and skin him and cut out his floats to take back to the youngons to play with. Take that bucket dat ya brout and milk yer goat. Den toss that skinned fish in it to sit for a spell while ya fish for more. Tell yer dog to sit there and watch over it so no other cridders come and eat the fish.
3. Now built yer fire and let your black iron skillet start ta warming while ya fish some more. Once you catch a bucket full- ah- soakin......... then yor ready for fryin.
4. Now take ya hat off yor head and pore some cornmeal in it and some salt and pepper. Take each fish out of the milk and slang a bit of it off so it wont be soppy.
5. Put dat fish in yur hat and shake it till its all coated in cornmeal.
6. Fill yor black iron skillet with oil and when its sizzlin..... den flop dat fish in it to cook. Do this till all the fish are cooked.
7. You can den let yor dog drank the goat milk if he wants.
Now here come the best part. Da Soppin Gravy! While dat skillet is hot....... take that corn meal left in yor hat and put some in the skillet to brown real good in all that oil dats left in it. Once its startin to smell almost burnt but it aint, then ya take the skillet off da fire. This is fineeeee eatin when it come to soppin yor bread in it or spreadin the thick stuff on a piece of loaf bread and eatin it with yor fried catfish. My Nanny taught me how ta do it and if you aint ate this yet den yor in for a fancy treat for shoreee!