4 ounces egg noodles (any size)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup catchup
1 1-pound can stewed or diced tomatoes
1 small can mushroom stems and pieces, or 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook noodles until tender in boiling water to which 1 teaspoon of salt has been added.
2. While noodles are cooking, brown meat and onion in skillet until onion is tender. Drain well.
3. Drain cooked noodles and stir them into the meat.
4. Add catchup, tomatoes, mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
5. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.