1 cup butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup orange liqueur
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup orange juice
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins
1 cup blanched slivered almonds
1. Whisk together the flours, baking powder, and spices.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the brown sugar.
3. Beat in the eggs, then the honey, orange liqueur, sour cream, and orange juice.
4. Beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, and then stir in the raisins and almonds.
5. Turn batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
6. Bake cake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 80 minutes, or until it tests done with toothpick. Transfer to a rack to cool.