2 cups sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners, or grease pans and sprinkle lightly with flour.
3. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together.
4. Cream butter. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with milk; beat well after each addition.
7. Stir in vanilla.
8. Pour into prepared pans; bake about 20 minutes.
9. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners sugar or spread with frosting.