3 ounce rye flakes
1 teaspoon (heaped) coriander seeds
3 ounce jumbo oat flakes
1 teaspoon (heaped) cumin seeds
3 ounce barley flakes
1 tablespoon garam marsala
3 ounce wheat flakes
1 teaspoon tumeric
3 ounce peanut kernals--not salted or dryroast
3 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoon peanut oil
2 ounce flaked almonds
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 ounce sunflower seeds
5 tablespoon water
1. Crush the coriander and cumin - lightly. Mix them with the nuts and seeds on two baking trays.
2. Set the oven to 375 F and put the baking trays into the oven while it heats up.
3. Meanwhile measure the flaked grains and mix them together in a large bowl.
4. Put into a cup the garam marsala, tumeric, a good grinding of black pepper, a scrunch of sea salt, the soy, both sorts of oil and the water.
5. When the oven has reached the required temperature, stir the nut and seed mixture with the flaked grains.
6. Beat the spicy oil-and-water mixture with a fork to emulsify it, pour it on to the dry ingredients and stir for 2 minutes.
7. Spread the mixture out on to the baking trays and bake for 40 minutes until golden.
8. Swap the positions of the trays in the oven at least once during this time and stir the mixture occasionally to encourage even cooking.
9. Let the mixture become cold and crunchy before storing in an airtight jar.
It keeps well for about a month and makes enough to fill one jar.