4 lb rump roast; cut in cubes
1 seasoned flour
1 olive oil
1/2 cup water
1 can tomato sauce (8oz)
4 to 6 garlic buds; minced
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 whole cinnamon stick
8 whole cloves
1 cup ground walnuts
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 sourdough french bread; sliced, toasted
1. Dredge meat in seasoned flour. Shake off excess.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan. Brown meat well.
3. Transfer to crockery pot. Pour water into frying pan
to loosen drippings. Add to crockery pot with tomato sauce, garlic and vinegar.
4. Place cinnamon stick, cloves, and allspice in a tea ball of cheesecloth. Add to pot. Cover. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours, or until very tender.
5. If necessary, cook down pan juices. Add walnuts and lemon juice.
6. Heat to serving temperature. Serve over buttered toast.
SOURCE: Extra Special Crockery Pot Recipes