vegetable oil, for the rack
1 beef tenderloin, 4 to 6 lbs.
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 teaspoon bottled hot sauce
1. Arrange the charcoal in the barbecue, clean and lightly oil the grill rack, and preheat to high.
2. Stir together the melted butter and hot sauce.
3. When ready, brush the tenderloin with the butter sauce and set on the grill about 4 inches from the heat source.
4. Cook for about 18 to 27 minutes per side, basting with the butter sauce, or until cooked as desired.
5. Remove from the grill, let settle, slice, and serve.