1 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1 small ripe mango, peeled and pureed
3 cups self-rising flour
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a bowl, cream the butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
2. In another bowl, combine self-rising flour with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Combine mashed bananas with mango puree.
4. Mix the dry ingredients and banana mixture, alternately, into the creamed mixture until batter is just combined; fold in raisins and nuts.
5. Pour batter into 2 greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the centre tests done.
6. Leave in pan for 10 minutes; remove form loaf pans and let cool on racks.