1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup butter, cut in small pieces
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons ice water
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup cornstarch
5 drops vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
2. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until evenly distributed and mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. With a fork, lightly mix in sugar, egg and enough ice water to make a dough.
4. Press into a ball and wrap in foil or plastic wrap.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350F.
7. On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 10-in flan tin with a removable bottom. Place dough in tin without stretching.
1. Beat cream cheese, oil, sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch, vanilla and milk in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into cream cheese mixture.
3. Pour into pastry shell.
4. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake cool in oven with door open slightly.
6. Remove cooled cheesecake from tin and serve.