1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
2 large or 3 medium unpeeled baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
salt and pepper to taste
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons sliced green onion
1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stiring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
3. Scoop potato pulpfrom one potato; mash. Add pulp to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture just comes to a boil.
4. Dice remaining potatoes; add to soup. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Top each serving with bacon, cheese and green onions.