2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs; beaten
1 cup butter; melted
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup nuts; chopped (almonds or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Combine sugar, flour and cocoa in bowl.
3. Stir in eggs, melted butter, vanilla and nuts.
4. Place large pan of hot water in oven.
5. Pour batter in buttered square cake pan.
6. Place in larger pan, water should come halfway up the side.
7. Bake 1 hour, 20 min.
8. Pudding is done when surface is lightly cracked and center springs back when touched.
9. Remove dish from larger pan to cool.
Pudding has custard like consistency when it cools. Serve lukewarm or cut cold into squares.