1 1-pound loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1-inch
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups Half-and-Half cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom.
3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
4. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling.
6. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
7. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.