1 cup fresh asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces, or half of a
10-ounce package of frozen asparagus
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
2 tablespoons snipped parsley (optional)
1. Cook fresh asparagus, mushrooms, and green onion in a small amount of boiling water about 7 minutes or until tender. (Or cook frozen asparagus, mushrooms, and green onion according to asparagus package directions.) Drain.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
3. Beat with fork or rotary beater until blended.
4. Stir in cooked vegetables and cheese.
5. Turn egg mixture into a greased 10x6x2 baking dish.
6. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with snipped parsley, if desired.
You can mix it up the night before, refrigerate, and just pop it in the oven the next morning.