1 11-oz package pie crust mix
1 6-oz package Canadian-style bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Prepare pastry for a one crust pie as directed on package. Divide pastry into 4 equal parts. Roll each part into a 6-inch circle on a well floured, cloth-covered board with a floured, cloth-covered rolling pin.
3. Fit pastry over backs of large muffin cups (3 x 1 1/2 inches), or 6-ounce custard cups; make pleats so pastry will fit closely. If using individual pie pans or tart pans, cut circles 1 inch larger than inverted pans, and fit into pans. Prick surface.
4. Place tarts on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, and carefully remove from cups. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Place 2 bacon slices in the bottom of each pastry cup. Sprinkle cheese over the meat, making slight well in centers. Break 1 egg into each. Add 1 tablespoon milk into each tart. Sprinkle with nutmeg and pepper.
6. Place tarts on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until eggs are soft cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes.