1 1/2 lb roma tomatoes, sliced
1 1/2 lb new potatoes
1 lb red onions, cut wedges
1 lb zucchini, slice thick
2 celery sticks, slice thick
2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 salt and pepper
1/3 cup parsely, chopped
1 teaspoon mint, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
1. Do not peel potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each.
2. Divide tomatoes and place half on the bottom of the crockpot.
3. Layer remaining ingredients in order given. Add remaining tomatoes.
4. Cover, and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
5. During cooking, if you are around, stir the vegetables carefully to redistribute them.
6. Serve hot or room temperature.
7. Excellent with crusty French bread.
Source: Adapted from "Paula Wolfert's World of Food" as printed in the Fresno Bee, Nov. 1994.