1 large eggplant
1 green pepper, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
1 pepper, freshly ground
1 onion, medium, sliced
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 sour cream (optional sauce)
1. Pare and dice eggplant.
2. Heat oil in skillet, add onion, green pepper, and eggplant.
3. Stir over low heat until eggplant is soft.
4. Add tomatoes(may substitute canned Italian solid pear shape, drained), salt, and pepper.
5. Simmer a few minutes.
6. At this point you can add basil, chives, parsley, oregano to taste.
7. Turn into casserole dish and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
8. Casserole may be served hot or cold, with sour cream.