1/2 cup packed dried apricots
1 cup brown sugar or 1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup orange liqueur
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Soak apricots for 20 minutes in water.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, beat maple syrup, butter and egg.
4. Drain water from apricots into orange liqueur.
5. Stir flour into butter mixture a little at a time, alternating with liqueur mixture.
6. Stir in apricots and nuts.
7. Pour batter into lightly oiled 9" x 5" loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350 degrees 45-60 minutes. Bread will be golden brown and toothpick will come out clean when finished. Cool before cutting.