2 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup yellow raisins
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Toss apples with sugar, almonds and raisins.
2. Beat eggs with butter and vanilla and stir into apple mixture.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Stir dry ingredients into apple mixture only enough to moisten all ingredients.
5. Spoon into a greased 8" baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
6. Cool slightly before cutting.