3 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
3 tablespoon margarine
1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
2. In small bowl, combine apples, sugar, and spice. Toss until well mixed. Pour apples into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot pie with margarine.
3. Cover with second pie shell and crimp edges together.
4. Pierce pie with fork to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
6. Cool before slicing.
7. Add vanilla ice cream.