1 pastry for a 9-inch single crust pie
5 cups apples - peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter
1. Arrange apple slices in unbaked pie shell.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
3. Mix 1/3 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly.
4. Spoon mixture over apples.
5. Bake in preheated 400F or 200C degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are soft and top is lightly browned.