5 to 7 tart apples (5 cups)
1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 Tbs butter
1. Pare apples; core and cut into eighths. Arrange in
unbaked pastry shell.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
3. Mix 1/3 cup sugar with the flour; cut in butter until
crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
4. Bake at 400-degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
If pie browns too quickly, cover edge with foil.
5. Top with whipped cream or ice cream when serving.