1 cup long grain brown rice
1 cup brown lentils
1/2 cup wild rice
4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
1 small acorn squash, chopped small
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 red onions
1 cup pine nuts
1 bunch Swiss chard, washed, chopped, stems removed
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Cook the rice, lentils and wild rice in broth for 20 minutes in a pressure cooker or fifty minutes by conventional means.
2. Add squash, tomatoes and seasoning and simmer until squash is cooked through--about 10 minutes (test with a fork).
3. Meanwhile fry onions and nuts slowly in enough olive oil until onions are caramelized.
4. Add onion mixture to pot with Swiss chard, and cook until chard is wilted.
5. Stir in balsamic vinegar.