6 thick pork chops
2 medium acorn squash
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon margarine; melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon kitchen bouquet or brn sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 teaspoon orange peel; grated
1. Trim excess fat from pork chops.
2. Cut each squash into 4 or 5 crossways slices; remove seeds.
3. Arrange 3 chops on bottom of crockpot.
4. Place all squash slices on top; then another layer of three remaining chops.
5. Combine salt, butter, sugar, bouquet sauce, orange juice and orange peel. Spoon over chops.
6. Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours or until done.
7. Serve one or two slices of squash with each pork chop.